Friday, 15 December 2006

A Spate Of Writing - Winter Veil, And Yet More Roleplay Banter

Yeh, I kind of put off posting due to Tired-ness, Visitors, and Coursework, but hey, you dont care about that sort of stuff :P.

So ive done my spate of writing. But hey.

I Bought World Of Warcraft in December 2005 - Post Winter Veil, Moving From SWG, which i sometimes fire up, subscribe to, and play for a while. Anyway, So this year would be my first Winter Veil in WoW .. yay :D. I only started playing properly in March, When I created Valiya and began to level her, slowly. I only hit 60 in.. Hmm, Early August? This year, but with only 18 Days Played, so it kind of worked out as a pretty fast levelling time, just spread out over a longer time period. The Way it should be?

I now have a level 44 Druid, Level 42 Paladin, numerous 20-30 alts, something i never thought i would have, I raid, something i never thought i would do - I managed to see Nefarian die before BC, and AFAIK, my raid community intends to hit Naxx for the "levelling" loot and for the experience, which even though designed for 40 people, can probably only help in Burning Crusade.

I am getting Medieval - Total War 2, and Warhammer: Mark Of Chaos, for our own version of Winter Veil here, aswell as the usual, and some money. So my next break from WoW will be then. Hopefully by the time BC is released, My Druid at least will of hit 60, Just for chance at Flight Form at 68 :D.

Yeah, Plan Ahead.

Now, I havnt roleplayed in WoW for quite a time now. If i login, its to level an alt or hit Blackwing Lair/Molten Core, or another raid im interested in helping out. (Which is a fair majority). Something I commented on is how Blizzard doesnt offer much customisation to Roleplayers in terms of actual in-game content.

Now, "RP'ers" in WoW have coped well enough, afterall, one only needs an imagination and a good way with words to succeed. Addons have sprung up, such as Epheremal (Make your own books, copy books in game, write poems, descriptions etc.) and FlagRSP (Mainly designed to just provide descriptions etc.) - The Problem with this is a fairly obvious, yet simple one - People abuse it, they dont "Describe themselves" as you see them walking by in a street in Stormwind, they describe their entire lives stories in some cases (Many good Roleplayers dont, obviously, as they understand.). The funniest of which tend to devolve into (If this was a game, ESRB warning would be imminent) - "Her Breasts are the largest you have ever seen." - "This girl has a beautiful face and big breasts which you would love to enjoy" .. and so on, such as "When he was a baby he would kill wolves and then eat them and then he grew up and was strong but then he turned into a vampire and then he killed Arthas"... yeah.

The only way to avoid catching that when you click someone, is to not read it, obviously. There have been topics with a huge amounts of posts in the forums, simply asking for a Roleplay Content patch, and roleplayers in general have been ignored and not even given a token amount of consideration. But, Live and let die, and make do, I suppose.

Isnt that always the way?

No comments: